Hello all
I service my car every year, regardless of mileage, usually about 4000 MLS a year
I am thinking of skipping this year's service as only covered 3000 MLS this year
Is this a good/bad Idea ?
I welcome your comments
My car XK8 75000 MLS on the clock
Regards Eddie
Service
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Service
The older a car gets, the more attention it needs. Items deteriorate with time as well as mileage. Brakes in particular need to be inspected annually simply for safety's sake. A stitch in time usually saves money in the long run. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: Service
Thanks Mike
For your thoughts
I will consider it
Eddie
For your thoughts
I will consider it
Eddie
Re: Service
Hi Eddie,
Oil and oil filter change along with air filter never do any harm.
If you use the recommended spark plugs they have 50.000-60.000 miles between changes.
Inspect everything else for wear and just use common sense really.
Coolant and brake fluid often get overlooked,along with gearbox maintenance.
Here's a link to the XJ8 Maintenance Sheet,much the same for XK8.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UWlSC ... 6LssbQR8OL
Hope that helps.
Enjoy your car,sounds nice
.
Take Care.
Andy
Oil and oil filter change along with air filter never do any harm.
If you use the recommended spark plugs they have 50.000-60.000 miles between changes.
Inspect everything else for wear and just use common sense really.
Coolant and brake fluid often get overlooked,along with gearbox maintenance.
Here's a link to the XJ8 Maintenance Sheet,much the same for XK8.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UWlSC ... 6LssbQR8OL
Hope that helps.
Enjoy your car,sounds nice
Take Care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Service
Thanks Andy
For all that info
Had the gearbox oil changed etc June 18
Engine oil still clean
Thanks I AM enjoying my car, it puts a smile on my face every time I get into it
Regards Eddie
For all that info
Had the gearbox oil changed etc June 18
Engine oil still clean
Thanks I AM enjoying my car, it puts a smile on my face every time I get into it
Regards Eddie
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests