HELLO
I need some temporary wheels, with tyres, ready to go, this week!
I already needed some new rear tyres, and now I've damage the 2 wheels in a high speed curbing - with a mini driving holiday coming up this weekend.
I just need anything to go on my car while I get my wheels fixed.
2003 XKR - North West England - have van, will travel
Thanks for reading.
Wanted - Some wheels!
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Hi Truggy,
Just done a quick search on eBay and came up with these two.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XK8-I ... SwvIJe1S77
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XK8-1 ... SwpCRfC2DI
The second one is actually a very good buy but you would need to put new tyre's on.
Hope that helps and good luck tracking down some wheels.
Take care.
Andy
Just done a quick search on eBay and came up with these two.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XK8-I ... SwvIJe1S77
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XK8-1 ... SwpCRfC2DI
The second one is actually a very good buy but you would need to put new tyre's on.
Hope that helps and good luck tracking down some wheels.
Take care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
That helps enormously, thank you. I'll have a proper read later.
I had a quick look on eBay myself, but wasn't sure what I was looking for.
I've got split trims, and the rears are bigger. I'm guessing 18 inch will fit fine, it just wont look like a drug dealer's car any more
I had a quick look on eBay myself, but wasn't sure what I was looking for.
I've got split trims, and the rears are bigger. I'm guessing 18 inch will fit fine, it just wont look like a drug dealer's car any more
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Hi Truggy,
Dave Roche at DCR AutoParts who advertise in the magazine have a range of wheels with / and without tyres for our XK / XKR models. The website link is below, or you can call Dave on 01456 450756 or Mob: 07801 495324 - mention the JEC / me for a deal.
https://www.xk8-parts.com/about/
Jim Mann
Dave Roche at DCR AutoParts who advertise in the magazine have a range of wheels with / and without tyres for our XK / XKR models. The website link is below, or you can call Dave on 01456 450756 or Mob: 07801 495324 - mention the JEC / me for a deal.
https://www.xk8-parts.com/about/
Jim Mann
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Drove to Liverpool this morning to get those wheels.
Rears fit. Fronts don't! Got some 6mm spacers. Still catching the brake caliper.
Guess the Brembo brakes means you need the giant split rims.
So I'm £400 down, and my holiday is still knackered. Broke my van too. It's been a great day!
Rears fit. Fronts don't! Got some 6mm spacers. Still catching the brake caliper.
Guess the Brembo brakes means you need the giant split rims.
So I'm £400 down, and my holiday is still knackered. Broke my van too. It's been a great day!
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Ahhhhhh Truggy,
Sorry to hear that.
I'd of thought those wheels would of fit,most annoying
.
By the way what happened to your van?
Perhaps your not meant to go on holiday,stranger things have happened.
Take care anyway.
Andy
Sorry to hear that.
I'd of thought those wheels would of fit,most annoying
By the way what happened to your van?
Perhaps your not meant to go on holiday,stranger things have happened.
Take care anyway.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Yesterday was just a sh*tt*r!
Van? VW Caddy - 5 years old - been bulletproof. Blew an injector on the way back from Liverpool, on the M60, in the morning rush hour traffic. Managed to limp home on 3 cylinders.
I wanted some temp wheels bc I've had an argument with a curb at high speed and taken a chunk out of the tire wall on both tyres on the pass. side. Everyone I've shown it to says.... "Aint so bad - I've driven on worse!"
Jacked it up last night and spun the wheels. No buckling, so I should be ok to drive out to west Wales without knackering the wheel bearings. I've got the space saver spare, and I'll take a tow rope.
I should of mentioned it's a later XKR with massive Brembo brakes, and therefore giant 20 inch split rims. Uploading a profile pic earlier, showing this, might of helped. Dim dums... chalk it down to experience.
Ill try selling the 18 inch "IMPELLAR" wheels on this forum when I get back - should hold their value, hopefully.
Meanwhile... I've found out there's a Jag breakers/repair-shop in my tiny Lancs village, so I can get all those little jobs done when I get home.
Van? VW Caddy - 5 years old - been bulletproof. Blew an injector on the way back from Liverpool, on the M60, in the morning rush hour traffic. Managed to limp home on 3 cylinders.
I wanted some temp wheels bc I've had an argument with a curb at high speed and taken a chunk out of the tire wall on both tyres on the pass. side. Everyone I've shown it to says.... "Aint so bad - I've driven on worse!"
Jacked it up last night and spun the wheels. No buckling, so I should be ok to drive out to west Wales without knackering the wheel bearings. I've got the space saver spare, and I'll take a tow rope.
I should of mentioned it's a later XKR with massive Brembo brakes, and therefore giant 20 inch split rims. Uploading a profile pic earlier, showing this, might of helped. Dim dums... chalk it down to experience.
Ill try selling the 18 inch "IMPELLAR" wheels on this forum when I get back - should hold their value, hopefully.
Meanwhile... I've found out there's a Jag breakers/repair-shop in my tiny Lancs village, so I can get all those little jobs done when I get home.
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Ok Truggy,thanks for the update.
Hope you have a good time in Wales and stay safe.
Enjoy your car.
Andy
Hope you have a good time in Wales and stay safe.
Enjoy your car.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Hi guys
I’ve done a little research on 18” XKR Wheels
The last of the 4l XKR had Double S 18” wheels as standard
The incoming 4.2l XKR had Hydra 18” wheels as standard
On the Parts List I have, the Front Discs & Calipers are different (although the diameter remained the same) on the 4.0 & 4.2 XKR There is nothing to say what the differences are but from the photos I’ve seen the mountings on the calliper body are totally different. The Disc Dust Cover is the same for both the 4.0 & 4.2 XKR Brakes
The sales literature (for the incoming 4.2 engine XK’s) states that if Brembo Brakes are fitted to the XK8 the car is required to be fitted with 20” R Performance Wheels. There is no explanation as to why the Hydra Wheels or the Apollo 19” Wheels were unsuitable for the XK8 with Brembo’s!
If you change wheel diameters, Jaguar Dealer Diagnostic Equipment (or indi Autotech equivalent) can be used to correct the Spedo readings to cater for the different rolling circumferences.
AllanJ
I’ve done a little research on 18” XKR Wheels
The last of the 4l XKR had Double S 18” wheels as standard
The incoming 4.2l XKR had Hydra 18” wheels as standard
On the Parts List I have, the Front Discs & Calipers are different (although the diameter remained the same) on the 4.0 & 4.2 XKR There is nothing to say what the differences are but from the photos I’ve seen the mountings on the calliper body are totally different. The Disc Dust Cover is the same for both the 4.0 & 4.2 XKR Brakes
The sales literature (for the incoming 4.2 engine XK’s) states that if Brembo Brakes are fitted to the XK8 the car is required to be fitted with 20” R Performance Wheels. There is no explanation as to why the Hydra Wheels or the Apollo 19” Wheels were unsuitable for the XK8 with Brembo’s!
If you change wheel diameters, Jaguar Dealer Diagnostic Equipment (or indi Autotech equivalent) can be used to correct the Spedo readings to cater for the different rolling circumferences.
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
-
Spinflight

- Posts:9
- Joined:Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:36 pm
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Interesting...
I'm looking to put 18" rims on my XKR which currently has 20" Detroits, and thought either Milans or Hydras should fit over Brembo brakes as detailed in a couple of youtube videos.
Is this not the case then?
I'm looking to put 18" rims on my XKR which currently has 20" Detroits, and thought either Milans or Hydras should fit over Brembo brakes as detailed in a couple of youtube videos.
Is this not the case then?
Re: Wanted - Some wheels!
Hi
The information I have provided here and in my post earlier this week states the sources of the information provided.
I have done some additional research and the following is from various sales literature that I have:
18" Milan - R Performance Wheels in 2002 Sales Brochure (4.0 Engine)
The 2003 Sales Brochure (4.2 Engine) does not list any 18" R Performance Wheels
The XK8/R Accessories Brochure dated 07/2003 lists Winter Wheels & Tyres but states that they are unsuitable for the XKR
I have seen a listing of 4 different R Performance Front Calipers and visually they are of at least 2 distinct units
You don't give your Model Year or VIN but in your case, having a modified Paramount XKR, the Jaguar Listing for a particular VIN does not stand due to the various upgrades Paramount carried out.
A call to Dave Roche (see page 129 of the Jan 2022 Club Magazine) &/or Paramount (rear cover of same Mag) may be of most use
AllanJ
The information I have provided here and in my post earlier this week states the sources of the information provided.
I have done some additional research and the following is from various sales literature that I have:
18" Milan - R Performance Wheels in 2002 Sales Brochure (4.0 Engine)
The 2003 Sales Brochure (4.2 Engine) does not list any 18" R Performance Wheels
The XK8/R Accessories Brochure dated 07/2003 lists Winter Wheels & Tyres but states that they are unsuitable for the XKR
I have seen a listing of 4 different R Performance Front Calipers and visually they are of at least 2 distinct units
You don't give your Model Year or VIN but in your case, having a modified Paramount XKR, the Jaguar Listing for a particular VIN does not stand due to the various upgrades Paramount carried out.
A call to Dave Roche (see page 129 of the Jan 2022 Club Magazine) &/or Paramount (rear cover of same Mag) may be of most use
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
