Page 1 of 1

New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 pm
by PlinthAdenoid
Hi all, I'm Matt, a first time Jaguar owner who has dipped his toe in with a 2007 XJR. Had it about three weeks now, it's not perfect but pretty close and with a little care and attention from me I'm sure it'll be a fine car. It's already a fine car, I mean I just want to get it superb.

Anyway, hello!

Matt

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:36 pm
by ptjs1
Matt,

Welcome to the club and to the x350 section of the Bulletin Board. Congrats on the purchase of your car!

Tks also for updating your membership details with your car details and loading the pic. The car looks good already and it's a lovely colour.

I hope you enjoy the car. They are great vehicles!

Paul

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 pm
by Brakebuster
welcome Matt

sounds like a nice car, got any pictures ?

your in luck, your very close to where some of us hold a monthly breakfast meetup on the last saturday of each month ( just missed the last one ) at kemble airfield

very informal, and any Jag owner is encouraged to attend if at all possible ,

next one is May 30th , maybe you could pop along ?

BB 8)

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:06 pm
by davidr
Matt - welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new car. I sold my X350 recently and I'm still in mourning so very envious of your XJR! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I hope you can come along to our Kemble meeting. It's nothing very formal - we just have a good breakfast, a gossip and look under a few bonnets.

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:24 am
by PlinthAdenoid
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and yes, I'll be there on the 30th of May, sounds ideal.

By then I should have my car back from Tom Lenthall with new rear pads and discs, the brake calipers refurbished and the gearbox serviced, a few ticks on the to-do list!

Brake Buster: here's a pic


Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:23 am
by Brakebuster
V-nice 8)

look forward to seeing her at Kemble at some point

BB :mrgreen:

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 am
by robv12
350 XJR, great car, proper Jaguar imo, I love them, enjoy and welcome to the club

Rob Jenner

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:57 pm
by barrywi
Welcome to the 350 part of the club. Do not hesitate to get in touch with me , one of your your coordinators for the model ,if you need any advice or information. I may not know the answer to your query but I can certainly point you in the right direction.
Barry Wilkinson

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:48 pm
by PlinthAdenoid
Thanks Barry, I'll be posting in a few categories soon.

I've just added the breakfast meet to the calendar, last Saturday at Kemble, what sort of time do you all meet?

Matt

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:01 pm
by barrywi
Every region is different, the Solway group meets on the first Tuesday in the month at a friendly local pub. Sometimes informal chats, sometimes guest speakers. Organize whatever takes your fancy.

Re: New member, first time Jaguar owner

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:03 pm
by Brakebuster
Thanks Barry, I'll be posting in a few categories soon.

I've just added the breakfast meet to the calendar, last Saturday at Kemble, what sort of time do you all meet?

Matt

around 930 ish , but it doesn't really matter

will be good to see you there

BB