Gosh, am I the first?

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England
Gosh, am I the first?

Postby PaulGover » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am

Looks like this is a virgin topic! It's almost a shame to post :-)

I've just replaced our 1997 XJ8 3.2 with a 2008 XJ TDVi - that's the 2.7 Diesel "facelift" version.
The old car sadly went for scrap as it had a Nikasil engine with 195,000 miles on the clock, no compression, and a built-in smoke-screen.

The new car is in "Botanical Green" with Barley leather. Where do Jaguar get these names? I've never seen a plant in that colour (let alone opalescent!); my XJS has a "Magnolia" interior, which is like no magnolia I've ever seen. Perhaps they have a colour-blind manager in the trim shop :-)

(Actually, that's not so unlikely. Back in the old days, the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway used "Improved Engine Green", which was a shade of ochre; the mix-up is generally reckoned to result from their chief engineer, William Stroudley, being colour blind. (Here's a picture of a green locomotive from Wikipedia).
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE

barrywi

Member
Posts:263
Joined:Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Gosh, am I the first?

Postby barrywi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Paul and welcome to the 350 BB. After the downtime of the BB ( before I joined the JEC) it will take a while to get back up to speed again. Please put up any queries on the site and also email me with any problems and suggestions. There is a lot of information about these complex and beautiful cars about!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest