Page 1 of 1

new member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 pm
by ltc220642
hello my name is les. i have been a member for 3 months but have been a jag nut for as long as i can remember. i have just purchased an x350 3.0 v6 . it has some issues that i new about before buying . i hope over the next few years to get them all sorted. will report as i get done. bye for now

Re: new member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:17 pm
by davidr
Hello and welcome! Great car the X350! Last of the proper Jags in my view. I used to have one and it's one of the few cars I really regret parting with.
Please tell us more about your car and what you intend to do with it. A few photos would be good!

Re: new member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:09 pm
by andypryce
Agree, miss my XJR....

Re: new member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:54 am
by PaulGover
Hi Les and welcome.
Did you mean to post this in the "Exhaust" sub-forum instead of "New Arrivals"? If you want it moved, you can contact one of the moderators (listed at the top of the forum listing; you can click on the name(s) and send a private message from the resulting page.)
<edit>I've just noticed DavidR, one of the moderators, has already greeted you in this thread.

Re: new member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:47 pm
by ptjs1
Moved to "New Arrivals"

Paul

Re: new member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:11 pm
by ltc220642
thanks for the welcome . hope to get the hang of posting . i will do some pictures when i have properly cleaned it. it has some issues which i new about . it needs a new exhaust i am thinking of getting a vortex system. of course it has the headliner sag i am also trying to find a tow bar they seem to be rare as hens teeth so any help please' . i will keep an eye on the meets page andtry to get to and meet more jag nuts. speak again soon

Re: new member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:48 am
by PaulGover
Tow bars definitely exist - I have one sitting in my boot, unused as I've nothing to tow, it just came with the car when I bought it second hand. It inserts through a removable panel in the rear bumper into a housing, presumably part of the kit. I presume fitting the kit required cutting the bumper, and bolting the housing to some strong bits of the bodywork.

Not sure if it's Jaguar or 3rd party, but the Jaguar agent I bought it from confirmed it had been fitted correctly.