new member

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

ltc220642

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:07 pm
new member

Postby ltc220642 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 pm

hello my name is les. i have been a member for 3 months but have been a jag nut for as long as i can remember. i have just purchased an x350 3.0 v6 . it has some issues that i new about before buying . i hope over the next few years to get them all sorted. will report as i get done. bye for now

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: new member

Postby davidr » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:17 pm

Hello and welcome! Great car the X350! Last of the proper Jags in my view. I used to have one and it's one of the few cars I really regret parting with.
Please tell us more about your car and what you intend to do with it. A few photos would be good!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: new member

Postby andypryce » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:09 pm

Agree, miss my XJR....
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England

Re: new member

Postby PaulGover » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:54 am

Hi Les and welcome.
Did you mean to post this in the "Exhaust" sub-forum instead of "New Arrivals"? If you want it moved, you can contact one of the moderators (listed at the top of the forum listing; you can click on the name(s) and send a private message from the resulting page.)
<edit>I've just noticed DavidR, one of the moderators, has already greeted you in this thread.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: new member

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:47 pm

Moved to "New Arrivals"

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

ltc220642

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:07 pm

Re: new member

Postby ltc220642 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:11 pm

thanks for the welcome . hope to get the hang of posting . i will do some pictures when i have properly cleaned it. it has some issues which i new about . it needs a new exhaust i am thinking of getting a vortex system. of course it has the headliner sag i am also trying to find a tow bar they seem to be rare as hens teeth so any help please' . i will keep an eye on the meets page andtry to get to and meet more jag nuts. speak again soon

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England

Re: new member

Postby PaulGover » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:48 am

Tow bars definitely exist - I have one sitting in my boot, unused as I've nothing to tow, it just came with the car when I bought it second hand. It inserts through a removable panel in the rear bumper into a housing, presumably part of the kit. I presume fitting the kit required cutting the bumper, and bolting the housing to some strong bits of the bodywork.

Not sure if it's Jaguar or 3rd party, but the Jaguar agent I bought it from confirmed it had been fitted correctly.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest