Hello! Sort of a newbie...

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

Vinnies Owner

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am
Hello! Sort of a newbie...

Postby Vinnies Owner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 am

Hi all!
Finally got around to joining the forum, thought I would say hello!
I have had Jaguars since I was 21. My first an XJ40, I acquired just before turning 22. I got her from a colleague who said I could just have her if I promised to return her to her former glory! She needed a small amount of welding and a leaky diff sorting, all of which I did myself, then just mostly aesthetic TLC and she was right as rain again! My love was always the XJS and a year or so later I managed to get hold of one. He was a bit ropey, he needed a lot of work, including a top end rebuild (again done myself) and a head skim (not done by me) I eventually had to sell on as he was becoming too unreliable for my daily commute :( Both of these were 4.0l AJ6 models. I bought an Adriatic blue X-Type then as it was newer and a tad better on fuel, plus it had AWD so it made getting to work easier in the winter. He was a lot of fun but had a coil issue, this was rectified by the dealer who sold it, but it wasnt a pleasant or easy experience and it left a bitter taste in my mouth :( I digressed from Jaguars for a few years, before wanting a comfy auto diesel for my now even longer commute (150 miles daily), so I bought a bargain lwb X358 to cruise up and down the motorways in! He's a real little work horse but other than the odd electrical fault which drives me mad, he's a right little trooper, currently sitting at almost 250k on the clock :)
I only have a couple of photos as only got access to Facebook right now, but here is one of my XJ40 at one of the spares days, my XJS, before he got the TWR kit, and my latest, the X358 sat with my weekend toy :)
Attachments
jack2.jpg
kuh3.jpg
vinvin.jpg

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Hello! Sort of a newbie...

Postby J44EAG » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Welcome.

Enjoy your cars.

We have plenty of information available on many threads to help you keep your cars up together.

Nice to hear from you.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

Vinnies Owner

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Hello! Sort of a newbie...

Postby Vinnies Owner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am

Welcome.

Enjoy your cars.

We have plenty of information available on many threads to help you keep your cars up together.

Nice to hear from you.

Mike
Thanks for the welcome! I am sure I will be using a lot of these threads :)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests