Just wanted to introduce myself

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

KBS

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 am
Just wanted to introduce myself

Postby KBS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:55 am

Hello
I came to being a Jaguar convert by serendipity
Some 3 years ago,whilst waiting for an appointment, I was looking through one of the used car websites when I saw an XJ x350/358 with only 20k on the clock. It looked so good in Black with Ivory interior and on the 20 inch alloys that, as soon as I had finished at the hospital, I immediately drove up to the dealer that had advertised it - a journey of some 100 miles - to look at the car. When I got there, the car was even better in the metal but unfortunately had been sold, literally 5 minutes previously.
It did not stop me wanting the car, however, and I immediately started to search for a similar vehicle and a few weeks later located one - an XJ x358 Tdvi Sport Premium in Black with Ivory interior and 20 inch Cremona alloys. I have been the proud owner of this vehicle for the past 3 years and have been so impressed by the car (and the compliments I get on it) that I have become a convert to Jaguar after many years of driving mostly German vehicles.
I have recently joined JEC and wanted to introduce myself and later possibly to get some hints and help form you, as I continue my ownership of what I consider is one of the best cars I have owned in over 4 years of driving. :D

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Just wanted to introduce myself

Postby J44EAG » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Welcome.

We have compiled a huge amount of technical knowledge on this site for the 350/358 and the many other Jaguar models. This has been compiled by Club members who have practical hands on experience of the various models and have taken the time and trouble to document repair and maintenance procedures. The content is generally of a very high standard so you should have no doubts about accuracy. Members will soon shout if any content doesn`t meet our standard. Our site is a happy place to hang out on a regular basis and it doesn`t take long to get to know the regularly subscribing personalities.

As a member, you have access to the back number section of our magazine issues. This goes back a few years and since a site upgrade, has helped us to easily refer to any particular article in order to help someone. Please get stuck into the topic threads here on this site and also have a trawl through the magazine back numbers. This will help you particularly when it comes to maintenance or repair operations.

Good to have you with us.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest