Page 1 of 1
jacking points
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 pm
by McBoney
Hi all,
New to Jaguar ownership - got a 1968 420G.
Anyone know where I can get some jacking points? I need LH front and LH rear. Seems they are no longer available... I found a front one on Ebay, but no luck on the rear....
Best
Paul
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am
by 3.8etypephil
Hi all,
New to Jaguar ownership - got a 1968 420G.
Anyone know where I can get some jacking points? I need LH front and LH rear. Seems they are no longer available... I found a front one on Ebay, but no luck on the rear....
Best
Paul
Why not make them? They are mild steel and a mirror image of those on the opposite side.
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 am
by piman
Hello Phil,
doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?
Alec
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 am
by McBoney
Hi there,
I will try Martin Robey, thank you.
I may have to get them made as I have not got those skills/equipment.
I am told they are different from any other Jag, except the square tube...
Paul
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:57 pm
by McBoney
Actually, having had a closer look today, I think I can get away with simply replacing the square metal tubes as those seem to have rotted away. On the rear it also needs the plate onto which they are attached, but the rest seems very solid.
As I have access to the tubing as well as metal plating through my work, I just need a welder that can weld the bits together, I bet that is cheaper than whole new points as the surrounding areas are so solid.
I'll report back when done.
Paul
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am
by 340jag
A little diffrent from a MK2 !
Try Jagspares International ,
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:59 pm
by McBoney
Thanks, I saw that. More than £300 plus VAT! And I only need the tube section for that area, so I will see if I can get that separately from my workshop and see if I can find anyone to weld that on. If not, I'll have to bite the bullet.
Thanks for the link though!
Paul
Re: jacking points
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:00 pm
by 3.8etypephil
Hello Phil,
doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?
Alec
Hello Alec,
I guessed that you must be here too.
Apparently not; Martin Robey's Mk X / 420G range is very limited.
The Mk2 ones are quite different, but it seems that he can repair the existing jacking points easily enough.