420G gear ratios

Moderator:cstorey

Malc
Posts:25
Joined:Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm
420G gear ratios

Postby Malc » Mon May 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Does anyone know what the gear ratios are for a 1968 four speed manual box (with Laycock Type A overdrive)? I ask as I have just transplanted one into my Series 1 1968 E-type and would be interested to compare the two 'boxes. The 'box works brilliantly, by the way. I had it checked over/rebuilt by Holman Engineering in West Byfleet, who put in new synchromesh, and the overdrive was rebuilt by Homefield Garage in Sutton at Hone (near Dartford). Both did a splendid job and it purrs along at 70 mph at just over 2000 revs.

Malc

ukjag
Posts:17
Joined:Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: 420G gear ratios

Postby ukjag » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 pm

As far as I know, they are the same ratios as the 1967 on E Type.

Regards,

Ken


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests