Page 1 of 1

Rear Screen XK 150 FHC

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:48 pm
by oddmog
My 1957 XK 150 FHC is undergoing a bear metal re spray. I purchased fro S N G Barratt. new rubbers for both front & rear
screens. When the windscreen specialists came to re fit the screens the front went fine but the rear screen did not fit the rubber. They thought the rubber was for a toughened screen but the screen was laminated. When I talked to Barratt's about this they said they had no other rear screen rubbers & had never heard of a laminated rear screen. Does any one have any ideas please.

Re: Rear Screen XK 150 FHC

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 am
by PARKIE007
I've just bought a 1958 XK150 FHC and will have to replace the rear screen rubber too. I see your post was some time ago and shall be interested to hear how you got on in the end please?

Re: Rear Screen XK 150 FHC

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:22 am
by oddmog
I ended up using the old rubber which was not too bad. Good luck

Re: Rear Screen XK 150 FHC

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:22 am
by PiersLB
You might have already sorted this out by now but in case not: I have the same issue with my XK. The Jag Workshop in Ealing have a supplier which they are happy with and are waiting on backorders. (I am waiitng for mine too)