XK120 Hood
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Having just acquired an XK120 at auction in desperate need of restoration there are a few oddities that I would seek to clarify.
The car was manufactured in July 1951 and immediately went to Singapore. It returned in 1973 and was last MoT'd in 1978.
The particular parts that I find strange are that the doors are aluminium with no internal wood frame.
Secondly there is no hood frame with the vehicle and no provision within the trimming behind the seats to accomodate any hood framework.
Is this normal, an after sales modification, or perhaps a peculiarity of an overseas vehicle?
The car was manufactured in July 1951 and immediately went to Singapore. It returned in 1973 and was last MoT'd in 1978.
The particular parts that I find strange are that the doors are aluminium with no internal wood frame.
Secondly there is no hood frame with the vehicle and no provision within the trimming behind the seats to accomodate any hood framework.
Is this normal, an after sales modification, or perhaps a peculiarity of an overseas vehicle?