Page 1 of 1

XJ Manual conversion

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:23 am
by sean
I was going to convert my Daimler XJC from auto to manual. I have decided not to anymore.

Over some time I have accumulated everything to do the job. Manual OD gearbox, New clutch, Flywheel, bell housing, pedal box with clutch master cylinder and Brake master cylinder , prop shaft,
Manual ski slope, gearstick with OD switch, gearstick gator, gear stick gator housing ( goes under centre console )
Still needed. Flexi clutch pipe and foam for sound deadening under console.
I won’t split this kit.
Selling at £2250 for everything.
Tel 07960487058
Email seanclarke01@aol.com

Re: XJ Manual conversion

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2025 10:22 am
by SimonH450P
Hi Sean
Did you ever sell this? Whereabouts in the country are you.
What condition are the constituent parts in?
Is the clutch new, does the flywheel need regrinding, does the gearbox need an overhaul, does the slave cylinder need an overhaul…. You get my drift. Don't want to spend £2k only to have to spend another £2k

Re: XJ Manual conversion

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2025 11:22 am
by V12Smig
Simon, the manual kits have become stupidly expensive... I've seen pedal boxes offered for £750! Good luck in your search, perhaps try Piston Heads, Jaguar section on the forum, maybe someone there has the components you need..

Re: XJ Manual conversion

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2025 4:12 pm
by SimonH450P
Hi Sean
Thanks for your replies.

I will think on as to strategy for the car.

Cheers