XJ6C 1976 - Front & Rear Bumpers With Over/Under Riders

Moderator:LJR

ianwilson

Member
Posts:45
Joined:Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Location:Peterborough UK
XJ6C 1976 - Front & Rear Bumpers With Over/Under Riders

Postby ianwilson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:55 pm

Good Afternoon folks,

I have recently acquired an XJ6C and it is now being restored.

I have been sent a list of items that are either missing or too badly damaged/worn etc to be used again.

One of these items (although there are 2 obviously) are the front & rear bumpers along with the over/under riders.

I have searched the internet for these and attended Stoneleigh at the weekend but to no avail.

Would anyone out there have a decent collection/set of these that they would be willing to part with for a sensible price please?

I can travel to collect, thats not an issue.

Many thanks in advance

Ian
1977 Daimler XJC
2019 Hyundai Tucson
2017 Renault Trafic
2000 Aprilia SL1000

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: XJ6C 1976 - Front & Rear Bumpers With Over/Under Riders

Postby mike020150 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:32 am

Good original bumpers are getting scarce although I do recall zooming past one stall at Stoneleigh on Sunday with a notice advertising a front bumper. Under/over riders can usually still be found with an internet search. The hardest component to find will be the plastic infill panel which fastens to the front bumper.
There are sets of stainless steel bumpers which crop up from time to time. They are much lighter gauge than the originals and presumably less helpful in the event of a bump. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

DAIMLER6590

Member
Posts:2
Joined:Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: XJ6C 1976 - Front & Rear Bumpers With Over/Under Riders

Postby DAIMLER6590 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:34 pm

hi firstly i am totally jealous as the xjc is my favourite ! i have the dubious pleasure of clearing the sheds at my friend's house who has a collection of old xj stuff and there are several bumpers with over riders. i need to look more carefully to check wether series one or two as he had several of each. will try to get photos in the next few weeks, time permitting

ianwilson

Member
Posts:45
Joined:Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Location:Peterborough UK

Re: XJ6C 1976 - Front & Rear Bumpers With Over/Under Riders

Postby ianwilson » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am

Many thanks for thinking of be with your most envious task of shed clearance!

I have shed envy as I type!

I'm pretty close to having almost everything I need now, however, re chroming anything is a very expensive task (as I have discovered) but I have a mission which is to complete the restoration using the best items that I can lay my hands on, so if that means making a rear bumper section from several different bumpers, then so be it!

As Mike has explained, new items are in very short supply, and very expensive when they are. So used and re chromed will have to be the way forward.

Thanks again.

Ian
1977 Daimler XJC
2019 Hyundai Tucson
2017 Renault Trafic
2000 Aprilia SL1000


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests