I have a an XJC fitted with an AJ16 engine. However, I am moving abroad and need to return the car to standard spec for export. Does anyone have available either a complete XJ series 2 or 3 or engine with ancillaries (carbs, mounts etc) and gearbox available. Dosnt matter if engine needs a rebuild, knocks, taps or has low oil pressure just so long as it runs.
Also, a good friend of mine is looking for an XJC in good to excellent condition. He has been looking for ages and driven miles to view several but with no luck. So if you have an XJC and want to sell it then please let me know.
Thanks Paul. Email: joanvito@hotmail.com or 07771370865.
Wanted- the worst condition XJ available or engine & g/box
Moderator:LJR
- XjRestorations
- Posts:216
- Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
- Location:East Sussex
- Contact:
Re: Wanted- the worst condition XJ available or engine & g/b
Hi Paul,
The XK engines are getting trickie to source!
I will have a chat witha few contacts I have - but it is good to hear that the car is going with you
Coupes are also very much in demand -and there is a lot of junk out there!
I will keep eyes and ears peeled!
All the best,
Keith
The XK engines are getting trickie to source!
I will have a chat witha few contacts I have - but it is good to hear that the car is going with you
Coupes are also very much in demand -and there is a lot of junk out there!
I will keep eyes and ears peeled!
All the best,
Keith
JEC XJ Series Forum Coordinator & Body/Paint advisor.
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
Re: Wanted- the worst condition XJ available or engine & g/b
Hi Keith,
your right about XK engines getting hard to get hold of, I gave my old one away a few years ago!!!
I have noticed that that once common and cheap models like the Series XJ's and XJS's are now getting thin on the ground. A look in the JEC mag shows how few XJ's are for sale and good old Ebay has far more XJ40, S/X Type, XK etc spares than older parts.
I remember seeing a road legal XJ S1 on the side of a road in Chelsea with a "Free" notice and a S3 XJ abandoned in a local car park not so long ago. I once brought a complete leather interior for £20 and was offered a sound S3 for free. Guess I took it for granted.
Thanks for keeping a look out for a good XJC. We enquired about the Green one in this months mag but it had already sold.
your right about XK engines getting hard to get hold of, I gave my old one away a few years ago!!!
I have noticed that that once common and cheap models like the Series XJ's and XJS's are now getting thin on the ground. A look in the JEC mag shows how few XJ's are for sale and good old Ebay has far more XJ40, S/X Type, XK etc spares than older parts.
I remember seeing a road legal XJ S1 on the side of a road in Chelsea with a "Free" notice and a S3 XJ abandoned in a local car park not so long ago. I once brought a complete leather interior for £20 and was offered a sound S3 for free. Guess I took it for granted.
Thanks for keeping a look out for a good XJC. We enquired about the Green one in this months mag but it had already sold.
Re: Wanted- the worst condition XJ available or engine & g/b
Just a quick post as still looking to see if anyone has a tatty old Series Jaguar XJ6 for spares or a complete engine/gearbox assembly available.
It only needs to run for a maximum of ten minutes to drive onto a container for over seas shipping to the USA so don't care about oil pressure/ water leaks etc.
Would consider a running car with MOT.
It only needs to run for a maximum of ten minutes to drive onto a container for over seas shipping to the USA so don't care about oil pressure/ water leaks etc.
Would consider a running car with MOT.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests