XJ6 series 1 '72MY exhaust tips

Moderator:LJR

User avatar
RichardSEL
Posts:845
Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm
XJ6 series 1 '72MY exhaust tips

Postby RichardSEL » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 am

I'm assuming these are standard back boxes out pipes for a '72MY XJ6 series 1?
Tailgate Lexan NSR quarter.jpg
Few years ago I fitted cheeepo Chinese exhaust tips to my Passat that lasted all of three months before rusting out.
Then shelled out for PowerFlow tips that were still on the car when I sold it eight years later. They would still polish up bling

If I've got standard what have you fitted?
Thanks
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: XJ6 series 1 '72MY exhaust tips

Postby mike020150 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 am

Those pictured are nothing like Series XJ finishers. By 1972, all XJs had 'S' shaped, chrome plated, steel exhaust finishers. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest