Radiator to expansion tank connections

Moderator:LJR

User avatar
penfold

Member
Posts:5
Joined:Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:27 pm
Radiator to expansion tank connections

Postby penfold » Sat May 18, 2019 11:37 am

My '79 XJ6 Series 3 has been off the road for a few years until I bought it as a non-runner last week.

I'm going over the car and have not yet tred to start it.

I have a query which I hope one of you out there can answer: the ppework to the expansion tank does not match what is shown in the Haynes workshop manual nor what I have seen of other peoples cars in photos on the internet. In the manual there are two 8mm hoses from the top front of the expansion tank joined to the radiator. One of them feeds via a tube into the ilet manifold.

On my far the tube that feeds to the inlet manifold is connected, but the other is not. There is no other connection point on the left side of the radiator. However, there is a pipe connector sticking out of the right hand side of the radiator which currently has nothing on it. See photos below.

A I right in assuming that this one should be joined to the expansion tank with a hose? Any idea why this set-up differs from others? And which of the two connections on the expansion tank should go to the manifold, and which to the radiator?
Attachments
IMG_8185.JPG
IMG_8184.JPG

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests