Page 1 of 1

Front sub frame versions

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 am
by iRS
Can anyone tell me whether there is any significant difference between the early subframe, part no: C27678 and the later one, part number: CAC1162. Cross over point appears to be mid- series 2.

Here's a picture of the two. The rusty one is from a series 1, the sandblasted one with corrosion holes is the later version.
IMG_0411.JPG
I cannot see any difference, so would just like confirmation that its OK to use the earlier one in place of the later one.

Re: Front sub frame versions

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:28 pm
by mike020150
Hi Roger,
I am not aware of any differences and have never heard of any problems swapping. The change of part number could have been something as simple as a change from powder coating to paint or similar. Front suspension geometry altered marginally over the years (toe and castor settings) but as far as I recall, that was all done with different shimming. To be absolutely sure, compare a few dimensions. I'd be surprised if there are any differences. Mike.