Can anyone tell me whether there is any significant difference between the early subframe, part no: C27678 and the later one, part number: CAC1162. Cross over point appears to be mid- series 2.
Here's a picture of the two. The rusty one is from a series 1, the sandblasted one with corrosion holes is the later version.
I cannot see any difference, so would just like confirmation that its OK to use the earlier one in place of the later one.
Front sub frame versions
Moderator:LJR
Roger S
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR
Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR
Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Front sub frame versions
Hi Roger,
I am not aware of any differences and have never heard of any problems swapping. The change of part number could have been something as simple as a change from powder coating to paint or similar. Front suspension geometry altered marginally over the years (toe and castor settings) but as far as I recall, that was all done with different shimming. To be absolutely sure, compare a few dimensions. I'd be surprised if there are any differences. Mike.
I am not aware of any differences and have never heard of any problems swapping. The change of part number could have been something as simple as a change from powder coating to paint or similar. Front suspension geometry altered marginally over the years (toe and castor settings) but as far as I recall, that was all done with different shimming. To be absolutely sure, compare a few dimensions. I'd be surprised if there are any differences. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
