Fuel tank Pressurisation on Daimler 66
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 am
In my Daimler Double Six (1988) I find that the fuel tanks pressurise after a few miles. If I open a fuel filler cap, there is a big release of air.
I find the Haynes manual description of the tank and fuel venting system just impossible to trace in the car, including the carbon filter and recirculation of the fuel.
Is this pressurisation normal? I have had the car some 17 years and it has always done it and there seems so to be no negative consequences but it just does not seem right.
I would certainly welcome some recommendations on this and maybe someone (perhaps Bob Bates) could could do a technical article on the fuel systems of the V12s in this respect.
I find the Haynes manual description of the tank and fuel venting system just impossible to trace in the car, including the carbon filter and recirculation of the fuel.
Is this pressurisation normal? I have had the car some 17 years and it has always done it and there seems so to be no negative consequences but it just does not seem right.
I would certainly welcome some recommendations on this and maybe someone (perhaps Bob Bates) could could do a technical article on the fuel systems of the V12s in this respect.