FUEL SUPPLY FAILURE
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:43 pm
Hi all , this is my first posting here following on from the article in this months mag about the website.
And by coincidence I have a problem that I could do with some advice on..
On the way back from the Northern show yesterday, I switched tanks from left to right doing about 65 and within a minute the car started to die.
I switched back to the left tank and it immediately picked up. The swap over has been previously fine.
So obvious questions..
pump failure ? ( submerged one )
elec supply ?
Fault finding suggestions.
I have a jaguar issued xj6 Daimler Soverign manual published by British Leyland publication part no E188/3.
But I have not really found it useful for diagnosing the problem.
Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved before I contemplate draining £40 worth of juice and simply swap the pump .
Thanks Steve Ross.
And by coincidence I have a problem that I could do with some advice on..
On the way back from the Northern show yesterday, I switched tanks from left to right doing about 65 and within a minute the car started to die.
I switched back to the left tank and it immediately picked up. The swap over has been previously fine.
So obvious questions..
pump failure ? ( submerged one )
elec supply ?
Fault finding suggestions.
I have a jaguar issued xj6 Daimler Soverign manual published by British Leyland publication part no E188/3.
But I have not really found it useful for diagnosing the problem.
Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved before I contemplate draining £40 worth of juice and simply swap the pump .
Thanks Steve Ross.