Massive fuel leak

Moderator:LJR

antiblent@yahoo.co.nz
Posts:10
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:47 pm
Massive fuel leak

Postby antiblent@yahoo.co.nz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Any help appreciated! I have a massive fuel leak from the left hand tank on my series 2 coupe, when I’m driving using the right hand tank. The immersed fuel pumps on both sides have recently been replaced. It takes a while to start leaking, may 10 munites of driving before it starts. It doesn’t leak from that tank when I’m running from it to my knowledge but it doesn’t run very well, ie half power. What is going on???!

antiblent@yahoo.co.nz
Posts:10
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Massive fuel leak

Postby antiblent@yahoo.co.nz » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:29 am

I have come up with a theory overnight. I think the right hand tank is pumping straight into the left hand tank, it fills up and spills out the Breather hose. So either the non return valve is stuck open or installed the wrong way around.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Massive fuel leak

Postby mike020150 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Check out the changeover switch too to ensure that it's working as Jaguar intended. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest