hi,
I just picked up my new purchase, a series 1 Daimler Sovereign today.
My question is do I repair the electric cold start device or go to manual conversion.
And where is best to get the parts for either ?
Thanks
Stu
XJ Series 1 4.2 cold start
Moderator:LJR
I have managed to fit a split pin to the top of the enrichment device around the plunger pin, this has enabled the device to actually work as its supposed to.
I had noticed the plunger was not rising when fired from cold but when held up the car would run, so assumed if I could hold the plunger up I could solve the problem... and it worked
I know its a stop gap but now I can concentrate on other things like cleaning the carbs and float chambers..
Stu
I had noticed the plunger was not rising when fired from cold but when held up the car would run, so assumed if I could hold the plunger up I could solve the problem... and it worked
I know its a stop gap but now I can concentrate on other things like cleaning the carbs and float chambers..
Stu
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest