Page 1 of 1

Heated Door Mirror Glass

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:16 pm
by ianwilson
Good afternoon,

I'm in the throws of an XJC restoration and have the idea to install heated door mirrors.

My understanding is that the bodies, motors, glass are the same as the series III XJ and so should fit the series II bodies.

I do seem to be having little luck in finding replacement door mirror glass, I would like flat glass (not convex/concave) NOT American spec (with the "objects" warning) and heated.

Can anyone suggest a source for these please?

Many thanks

Ian

Re: Heated Door Mirror Glass

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:10 pm
by mike020150
The series 2 mirrors are manually adjusted so you will also need to add the electrics even though the final series 2 mirrors (the rectangular versions) looked the same as the later series 3 electrically operated items. Mike.

Re: Heated Door Mirror Glass

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:24 pm
by ianwilson
Hi Mike,

I have all the electrical items in place with various new looms/switches etc.

I have the additional wires for the heating element of the glass to connect.

Its the heated glass itself that is (so far) eluding a supply chain.

I can purchase "stick on" replacement glass (all the wrong size/colour/shape) from millions of Chinese suppliers - BUT

What I need is the heated glass - flat - not concave - not convex - flat - heated for either a series 3 XJ or for an XJS.

Ian

Re: Heated Door Mirror Glass

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 am
by mike020150
Hi Ian,
Have you tried any of the specialist Jaguar breakers which advertise in the magazine? Since you only need the glass and other internals and not the chromed body, you might be able to purchase something at a sensible price. Good luck. Mike.