blower not working 1979 xj6

Moderator:LJR

DEREK59

Member
Posts:2
Joined:Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:51 pm
blower not working 1979 xj6

Postby DEREK59 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:17 pm

My car's blowers have not worked correctly since I bought the car 18 months ago, the car is not fitted with aircon, I have replaced the motor relay C41189 and bench tested seems ok, I have also replaced the jaguar resistor RTC678 but still no blowers working, I am wondering if a previous owner has mixed the wires up on the Motor Relay, has anybody a wiring diagram for this? My motor relay is wired as follows, 2H green,
9black double wire, E Black single wire,14 Black/white, 11 Black/yellow, 8 Black/green. 1H Red, 3H Blue, 21A Brown. I have various wiring diagrams for this car but the Motor Relay is not listed. Any help would be appreciated.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: blower not working 1979 xj6

Postby mike020150 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:51 am

I can't find either a photo or a diagram of the relay and its wiring, possibly because Jaguar used more than one version of the relay. Assuming the fans work when 12v are applied directly, you may not have any choice other than testing each section of wiring in turn until you find the faulty component. I recall there is an earth wire which uses one of the relay fixings. Is it possible this is either disconnected or dirty? It's a simple, easily-overlooked issue which would affect the correct operation of the blowers. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

DEREK59

Member
Posts:2
Joined:Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: blower not working 1979 xj6

Postby DEREK59 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 am

Thanks Mike I will have a look at that earth wire again and make sure it's clean, on my car it was attached by a nut to the heater housing and I moved it to where it should have been on one of the relay bolts as you say it's a question of working through the wiring, back down the garage for me.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest