Brake caliper recon

Moderator:LJR

kjjdxj6

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:21 am
Location:grays
Brake caliper recon

Postby kjjdxj6 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Has anyone dealt with "Ward Engineering" listed in the links page. I have attempted contacting them to Purchase a pair of Caliper recon kits priced very reasonably at less than £40 each inc all pistons and seals for my S3 XJ6. My problem is they are no longer local to me in Grays and have stated via there website that they are in Colchester and contactable via a mobile number or Email. I have attempted Mobile/text/Email and had no reply. Does anyone know if they are still trading? If they are not then I will look elsewhere for the parts I need, but I have already looked at other sources and all are much more expensive( unless someone can tell me different?) So Please can anyone Help :?:
Thanks
Kevin.

paulxj6
Posts:1
Joined:Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:54 pm

calipers

Postby paulxj6 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:03 pm

not heard of them but I got a pair of front calipers with brake disks and pads for both front wheels which came to 250 for an xj6 series3 4.2 from berkshire jaguar components advert in junes club magazine personally a very good service from them. :D

stuarthardy

Member
Posts:488
Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
Location:North Shropshire

Postby stuarthardy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Kevin

I got the calipers of my 420 overhauled by Classicar Automotive in Cheshire. They did a superb job and turned them around in a couple of days. It was 2 years ago but they've been around for a long time and claim to do all the recon for the "specialists". Thay have a small workshop and only supply good quality parts, important where brake pads are concerned.

They do mail order.

They charged me around £130 all in for the pair. Ring them on 01625 860925 but you may need to let it ring because they are busy. I am not connected to them in any way other than as a satisfied customer.

Good luck

Stuart


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest