Third brake light switch??

Moderator:LJR

craig474

Member
Posts:4
Joined:Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:23 am
Third brake light switch??

Postby craig474 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Hi guys I have just joined, and this is my first post so if I've got anything wrong on here please be gentle with me!
I have a 1975 Panther J72 which is based largely (but not exclusively) on the 4.2 Series 2 XJ6. When I bought the car the brake lights were not working, so whilst in the process of getting my servo/slave cylinder assembly (e type) remanufactured, I thought whilst I had access, I would replace the brakes light switches. However I notice there is a third (?) one (shown in the foreground, yellow wire). Could you tell me what this is please, and should I replace it? Btw and I am not sure that it is relevant, but my car is manual rather than automatic.
Thanks in advance
Craig
IMG_2605.JPG

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Third brake light switch??

Postby mike020150 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi Craig,
It looks like you have a brake pressure differential warning actuator fitted. If so, the unit is designed to warn you if pressure in one of the dual brake circuits fails. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

craig474

Member
Posts:4
Joined:Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:23 am

Re: Third brake light switch??

Postby craig474 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:36 am

Oh yeah I reckon your correct Mike. Thank you


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest