Page 1 of 1

S1 master cylinder (part no 11964)

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:27 am
by ChrisDixon
These don't seem to be generally available, does anyone know where I might find one?

Re: S1 master cylinder (part no 11964)

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 am
by mike020150
If a master cylinder doesn't turn up, it might be worth finding a brake specialist who would refurbish your existing unit by inserting a liner into it. Mike.

Re: S1 master cylinder (part no 11964)

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 am
by ChrisDixon
Hi Mike I've heard of a company called Past Parts that do this, so that's an option. The primary piston came out ok so I'll see if I can get the secondary piston out without damaging the bore, if so I might get away with new seals.

Re: S1 master cylinder (part no 11964)

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:47 pm
by ChrisDixon
To round this off I sent it to Contract Auto Engineering who apparently do a lot of work for Jaguar. Great service and very reasonable at £95+VAT and carriage. You can find them online at http://www.classiccar-brakes.co.uk/

Re: S1 master cylinder (part no 11964)

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:34 pm
by mike020150
Hope the car is running and stopping well now. Useful info for us all, thanks. Mike.