XJ6 overdrive gear lever wanted!
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:18 pm
Help! I've just put in a 1968 Jaguar overdrive gearbox in my 1968 E-Type 2+2, and found an XJ6 overdrive gear lever (which is the same size as the E-type one) and which means that I can feed the wiring up the lever and connect it to an overdrive switch in the gear knob/cap - fantastic!
I managed to source all the other parts (collar, knob, cap, switch) and sent the lever, collar and knob off for re-chroming. However I've just has a message from the chrome man who says the gear lever has melted (his words) when he was stripping it and is therefore u/s. He said he did the collar and knob at the same time and they are fine.
Whatever the rights and wrong of the situation (and I'll be able to see it when I get all the bits back), I am without a gear lever! Is there anyone out there who knows where I can get an overdrive gear lever from an early XJ6 - either an S1 or S2 1968 to 1979, part number C30504 (and no, the usual suppliers do not have them).
Thanks
Malc
I managed to source all the other parts (collar, knob, cap, switch) and sent the lever, collar and knob off for re-chroming. However I've just has a message from the chrome man who says the gear lever has melted (his words) when he was stripping it and is therefore u/s. He said he did the collar and knob at the same time and they are fine.
Whatever the rights and wrong of the situation (and I'll be able to see it when I get all the bits back), I am without a gear lever! Is there anyone out there who knows where I can get an overdrive gear lever from an early XJ6 - either an S1 or S2 1968 to 1979, part number C30504 (and no, the usual suppliers do not have them).
Thanks
Malc