Series 2 keeps blowing overdrive fuse
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm
Hi Everyone, new to the club and forum.
I have a 1978 xj series 2 4.2 manual with overdrive and recently it blew the overdrive/instrument fuse when I was driving back home.
I did a basic wiring/switch check and I can get the overdrive solenoid to click when stationary with engine off in 4th but as soon as I drive it, it blows the fuse straight away, I'm wandering if I could have a solenoid fault or worse case a fault within the overdrive unit. Has anyone had any similar issues.
Any pointers in a right direction would be appreciated.
Regards
Alan
I have a 1978 xj series 2 4.2 manual with overdrive and recently it blew the overdrive/instrument fuse when I was driving back home.
I did a basic wiring/switch check and I can get the overdrive solenoid to click when stationary with engine off in 4th but as soon as I drive it, it blows the fuse straight away, I'm wandering if I could have a solenoid fault or worse case a fault within the overdrive unit. Has anyone had any similar issues.
Any pointers in a right direction would be appreciated.
Regards
Alan