Coupe engine swap

Moderator:LJR

tedh
Posts:1
Joined:Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:08 pm
Location:Dartford Kent
Coupe engine swap

Postby tedh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi I have a XJ6 Coupe which has a knackered engine. I am thinking about swapping the engine for a series 3 one that I have. Does anybody know if I can use the existing carbs because I have been advised to use series 1 ones which I am having trouble finding?

Thanks

Ted

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire

Postby almcl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Ted

The inlet manifold (complete with HIF 7 carbs) from your SII coupe will fit straight on to the head of the SIII.

You may need to play around with the hot air ducting for both the air cleaner and the AED, and swapping the exhaust manifolds over may make this easier.

Did your advisor say why he thought you should swap to the earlier carbs?
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake

simon4253
Posts:52
Joined:Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:39 pm
Location:oxford

Postby simon4253 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:56 am

hi ted I played this game recently with a series 1 that someone put a series 2 manifold and carbs on which fit as long as you don't want to use the fuel pipes or throttle linkage as it is all very different. even the gaerbox dipstick tube is in the way so you should check to see if the series 3 manifold is the same as your coupe one and if not get a manifold gasket and fit yours to the series 3 engine.it may save a lot of time! I do have a good engine from a coupe I broke if you relly need one. good luck simon
1984 daimler sovereign 4.2,1984 jaguar sovereign 4.2 manual,1985 jaguar sovereign v12, 1992 jaguarxj40 4.0,1967 daimler v8,1962 rover p5,1972 triumph 2.5pi, 1973 2000,1971 toledo 2door,1967 1300fwd,1972 austin mini


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests