Page 1 of 2

2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 pm
by davidr
The time has come to move on my 2006 Sovereign Diesel. I don't want to but I only bought the car a couple of years ago because I was on gardening leave between jobs for a while and wanted it as a stop-gap. Well I started the new job nearly a year ago but kept the car because I liked it so much! But (as 'er indoors regularly points out!) 4 Jags plus my company Volvo are too many.
If you're on this forum then you know the benefits of the 350 diesel so I won't bang on about that.
The car is in Ebony with Warm Charcoal interior. Both bodywork and interior are in very nice condition as you can see in the photos. It has the chrome deletion pack which I think makes it look more modern than those with the chrome grille. It has the standard 18" wheels which again I prefer because I think the bigger more "blingy" ones look out of keeping and they ruin the ride! Being the Sovereign model it has all the toys (and everything works!).
The car has just been serviced and I'll put 12 months MOT on it. Mileage has just tripped over 140k.
In terms of service history, it was looked after by main agents in its early life and then independent specialists. The cambelt was changed on schedule and its had both EGR valves and water pump renewed and its gearbox oil changed. The car had a new battery fitted just after I bought it. Both HiD front lamps have been renewed.
I have had the rear suspension lower arms and bushes and all 4 lower damper bushes changed and fitted a new suspension air pump. The gearbox has just been re-programmed.
In other words, most of the things that commonly need attention on these cars has been addressed and it's been looked after.
I shall miss this car! Its very comfortable, drives very well and is surprisingly swift and nimble for a big car!
If you're interested in seeing it then please PM me.

Later edit. Just read this and realised that I've omitted a couple of vital details! The car is is Salisbury, Wilts and I'm asking a very reasonable £6,650 for it.

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:26 pm
by davidr
Just a quick update.
The car has just been MOT'd. The tester noted that 2 tyres had bulges (that I hadn't noticed! :oops: :oops: ) and a slight coolant leak so I've just put 4 new tyres on it and fixed the leak.
I've had one or 2 enquiries but nobody has come to see it yet so I'm going to take it to Spares Day at Stoneleigh next weekend and put it in the cars for sales section.
Come and see it there!!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 pm
by Brakebuster
hope you manage to get what its worth

see you at the NEC in a few weekends time ?

BB

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:17 pm
by robv12
see you at Spares Day, let me have a bid with you!!!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:44 pm
by davidr
4 new tyres now fitted and the coolant leak fixed. Brand new MOT and all ready to go.
I've been cleaning and polishing the car all morning and now she's ready for Stoneleigh. Hope to see some of you there!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:36 pm
by robv12
I have seen this car in the metal, it is stunning, some one snap it up and quickly

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:21 pm
by davidr
SOLD IT!!!
Sold to a very interesting buyer. They have asked me to remain discrete but I've a strong suspicion that we will be seeing this car again.
Regards
David

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:02 pm
by Brakebuster
congratulations 8)

but you can't leave us hanging like that , lol :?:

well done :mrgreen:

BB

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:19 pm
by ptjs1
Well done, David!

It's always nice to see a car go to an enthusiastic buyer! Is he a member of the JEC? Is it Danny Alexander as he clearly won't be having a company car soon?!

Paul

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:01 pm
by davidr
Keep the guesses coming!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:29 pm
by robv12
well done, I'm not the buyer btw!!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:14 pm
by ptjs1
".....Sold to a very interesting buyer."

So we knew it wasn't you, Rob!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:45 pm
by robv12
touché PTJS!!!

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:49 pm
by davidr
The buyer wasn't Rob. We had a conversation but Mr J is quite keen on a bargain shall we say!! :D :D

Re: 2006 Sovereign TDVi For Sale

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:29 am
by barrywi
Alex Salmond , getting ready for power?
In this election pending period I have to say that other party leaders are available!