Page 1 of 1

Trim colour codes

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 4:27 pm
by IanHolliday
Hello X350 fans, in order to get the right paint from Furniture Clinic to make good one half of my steering wheel I need to identify the "leather" colour. Trim code on the A post label is ADX followed by CW (which I understand might be the month/year of manufacture (I know my car is March 2004). ADX is, I think "Sand" which, I guess is the lighter of the two trim colours. How do I find out what name is given to the darker of the colours inside the car - dashboard top, door waistrail, etc? The steering wheel may even be yet another shade, hard to tell! Any one any ideas please?

Re: Trim colour codes

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 5:44 pm
by JimMann
Hi Ian, if you are familiar with the Furniture Clinic website, you will find an interior trim colour and swatch page, where ADX is listed as "Sand". From there, you may be able to identify the second colour you are looking for.

I believe the last 2 x characters, CW, refers to ordering information used to get trim parts.

Jim Mann

Re: Trim colour codes

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:49 pm
by ptjs1
Ian,

You're right, the last 2 characters are nothing whatsoever to do with trim codes.

As regards the complementary colours of dash top etc, it's listed somewhere in the Jaguar documentation which details all the secondary trim colours (dash, seat belts etc) relating to the the primary trim colour (seats). I'll see if I can find it in my library of documentation unless someone else posts it here first for you.

Paul

Re: Trim colour codes

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:42 am
by IanHolliday
Jim, many thanks. I had phoned Furniture Clinic but it was not suggested I look at their website! You may have solved my riddle although it's difficult to compare colours. I found the colour chart using my tablet and took that to the car, settling on Sable (AEK) which looks OK and had been reinforced by other enquiries resulting in "Sand is usually contrasted by Sable".

Paul, thank you also for your reply. If your documentation is easy to find I would be grateful for confirmation of Sable. Is such documentation available to mere owners or are you in the trade? I have found I can no longer access TIPiX where I had hoped to find info.

BTW, my car was made March 2004.
I also have a 4.0 XJS convertible, 1993. Both are registered on this site but don't appear in my signature like yours do!
Cheers, Ian

Re: Trim colour codes

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:47 am
by IanHolliday
I learnt how to change my signature!!