At the risk of commandeering this forum, there are a couple of odd ones on the new(ish) car.
The windscreen washers don't work. The pump is okay, the switch in the car is okay (the wipers do their 3 swipes) but no water. The pump doesn't run when the wipers sweep. The pipes aren't blocked.
Any ideas, anyone?
Best regards,
David Q
Couple of odd issues on the Super V8
Re: Couple of odd issues on the Super V8
Some electronic interfacial issue perhaps. Corroded plugs and sockets or bad grounding are likely to be a prime cause for suspicion.
I`d initially be looking at the grounding points behind the front headlights. These are a notorious fail point. Go easy as you remove the nuts on the ali studs. Being ali, which could be well corroded, these studs snap off for a pastime. Have a new stainless steel bolt, washers and a nut to hand before you dismantle. At least you then have ready parts to repair if the stud snaps. See how you get on.
Mike
I`d initially be looking at the grounding points behind the front headlights. These are a notorious fail point. Go easy as you remove the nuts on the ali studs. Being ali, which could be well corroded, these studs snap off for a pastime. Have a new stainless steel bolt, washers and a nut to hand before you dismantle. At least you then have ready parts to repair if the stud snaps. See how you get on.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Couple of odd issues on the Super V8
Thanks Mike! I'll check them out. Are they behind the OS or NS headlamps?
Regards,
David Q
Regards,
David Q
Re: Couple of odd issues on the Super V8
Both sides behind headlights. Also one somewhere in the region of the pollen filter box, near side rear of engine bay.
Mike
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Couple of odd issues on the Super V8
I had a similar problem caused by sludge in the washer bottle. You say the pump is OK but doesn't run, so it's probably not this, but if it could be, here's a writeup I did some time ago.The windscreen washers don't work. The pump is okay, the switch in the car is okay (the wipers do their 3 swipes) but no water. The pump doesn't run when the wipers sweep. The pipes aren't blocked.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
Re: Couple of odd issues on the Super V8
Thanks Paul, I'll get a roundtoit at some point!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

