Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
Quite without warning my rear nearside door lock failed this morning when my wife tried to open it to put stuff on the back seat. I thought that perhaps the remote electric system had a fault and had not unlocked, but at least I would be able to unlock it manually from inside. No! the interior handles do absolutely nothing. The question is how to get the door card off to see what the problem is inside. It looks as though I won't be able to get this off as the rear seat is in the way. Anyone have any dodges to avoid this?
Brian
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
Re: Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
Brian, there was something in a recent Jaguar magazine recently about how someone managed to open a stuck door by electrical means, leaving the door car intact. I'll see if I can dig it out.
Last edited by iRS on Thu May 13, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger S
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR
Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR
Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB
Re: Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
Hi Brian,
You could try a hard reset.
That's the first thing I would do.
Good luck.
Andy
You could try a hard reset.
That's the first thing I would do.
Good luck.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
Found it.
It will be interetsing to see if this works for you.
It will be interetsing to see if this works for you.
Roger S
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR
Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR
Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB
Re: Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
Lets hope IRS's workaround does the trick.
Have found this on jaguarforums.com which might help as well.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x ... en-157500/
Good luck and take care.
Andy
Have found this on jaguarforums.com which might help as well.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x ... en-157500/
Good luck and take care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
Thanks IRS, I will certainly give that a try. I normally double-lock the car so that would explain why the handles inside are not working.
Brian
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
Re: Stuck rear door - how to remove door card?
An update:
I bought a used latch assembly on eBay, to see how it worked as much as anything else, and was waiting for a suitable gap in the recent wet weather to start removing the trim in the boot to get to the rear module and wiring. I had been out in the car previously and the rear door was still stuck, but when I unlocked the car this time the rear door unlocked itself too! Several lock/unlock/deadlock cycles with the remote fob have been unable to fault it since. The mechanism must be a bit sticky, so I'll leave well alone unless it goes wrong again. Another gremlin.
I bought a used latch assembly on eBay, to see how it worked as much as anything else, and was waiting for a suitable gap in the recent wet weather to start removing the trim in the boot to get to the rear module and wiring. I had been out in the car previously and the rear door was still stuck, but when I unlocked the car this time the rear door unlocked itself too! Several lock/unlock/deadlock cycles with the remote fob have been unable to fault it since. The mechanism must be a bit sticky, so I'll leave well alone unless it goes wrong again. Another gremlin.
Brian
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

