Changing Door Mirror

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

User avatar
cybercontroller

Member
Posts:52
Joined:Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:43 pm
Changing Door Mirror

Postby cybercontroller » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:46 pm

As I have now sourced a replacement passenger side door mirror for the non functioning one, I am looking at changing it over. The fitting for that itself looking reasonably straight froward, three bolts and the connector for the various functions. Getting to these fittings means taking the trim around the window off. Now I was to know where I need to look for the various clip and connectors to avoid damaging them during removal.
I am obviously hoping that the whole door card does not also have to be removed.
Jaguar XJ8 4.2 MY2004

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Changing Door Mirror

Postby ptjs1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:21 pm

cybercontroller,

It was few years ago, but I'm pretty sure that I removed the door card to change my mirror. It's not difficult to remove the card.

Good luck

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests