Page 1 of 1

Seemed a good idea at the time....

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:09 pm
by snaefell
Six months ago I was delighted to find an 2005 XJ8 Sport with very low mileage,I decided to brighten it up by adding some chrome trim to it,I was really pleased with the result BUT after one winter the chrome 'bits' look pretty well shot,which is annoying in itself as they weren't cheap,so they had to go,just to add insult to injury removing the trim from the left hand tail lamp also removed part of the origional black trim,does anybody know if this trim is available to buy seperately,I can imagine not,there are loads of complete tail lamps for sale but it seems a shame to have to buy the whole unit.

Re: Seemed a good idea at the time....

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 pm
by J44EAG
Perhaps a paint type repair to the damage?

Mike

Re: Seemed a good idea at the time....

Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:01 pm
by snaefell
Thanks Mike but I can't see that doing the trick,there is a place not too far away from me which has loads of tail lamps,with both black & chrome trim advertised for sale,I think I will have a wander over there & see if I can persuade them to just sell me the trim off one,failing that at least I'll be able to choose a lamp that is in decent condition I guess!