Hi all
my 2003 XJ8 has developed an intermittent niggle that's started in the last couple of weeks (just after I sorted the sticking door mirrors by ref to the Bulletin Board!). When I park and remove the key the doors fail to go into unlocked mode and I have to resort to pressing 'unlock' on the key fob which has always worked so far. Looking at other posts I'm guessing there's a corroded connection somewhere in the door and just wanted to collect a few thoughts from others before I attack the door card with a chisel
many thanks.
Trapped in an x350!
1969 Series 2 E-Type 2+2
2003 3.5SE V8 X350
2003 3.5SE V8 X350
Re: Trapped in an x350!
Got the same intermittent issue on my S-type and have to let myself out occasionally the way you describe.
The door lock micro switches can become troublesome as can the connector onto the door lock module. In an S-type this unit is within the door itself. Try removing and refitting the plug a few times. Often it is just a little corrosion which causes a duff connection and disturbing and refitting the plug can cure the prolem.
Best of luck.
Mike
The door lock micro switches can become troublesome as can the connector onto the door lock module. In an S-type this unit is within the door itself. Try removing and refitting the plug a few times. Often it is just a little corrosion which causes a duff connection and disturbing and refitting the plug can cure the prolem.
Best of luck.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
