so what to do, first stop rear suspension arms, a favourite weak point, a call to Neville at NE Jag Spares had a pair delivered within 24 hours, fitted by my local man Scott Brown, members in my locaility should meet this guy, inexpensive and very very good, Scott advised me to do rear disca and pads at the same time, a call to SNG Barrats had those up here in 24 hours as well, all parts fitted for the huge sum of £60, bargain imo. The car drove better and the rear end wander had stopped, but the front end was still awful, so, back to Nev at NE Jag Spares, two front arms ordered, delivered, fitted by Scott, £40 this time, and a huge improvement, however my pedantic nature meant that I was still not 100% happy, having had a 3.0 350 which drove like a magic carpet I wanted to replicate this ride with the R, or at least as close as I could get, the 3.0 had the same 19 inch wheels as the fitted to the R
Another trip south dictated we were close to David Marks, I had an engine check light on and a park brake fault light on, so a scan was in order, and a test drive by David to determine what else maybe at fault
After 30 mins of mixed driving, David proclaimed "I would not be unhappy driving this car, but I do see what you mean", back to the garage and up on the ramp, all looked fine and dandy, left hand side all declared 100% fit and well, round to the right hand side, again all declared fit and well until David came to grasp the wheel top and bottom and check for any movement, and lo and behold movement, play in the top ball joint, which of course is part of the upper wishbone. With one from stock and David's two guys, Jim and Bob , the car was up in the air, wheel off, new one fitted and back on the ground within the hour, so quick I hardly had any time to get the camera, but I did mange to fire a few off

top wishbone and ball joint disconnected

air suspension air bag has to come out, pressure hose disconnected, top bolts released within the engine bay, lower pivot bolt removed and withdraw the air bag

air bag gone, anti roll bar disconnected, and Bob's lovely legs!!

re assembly was 10 minutes, start the car and wait for the suspension to rise, this took some time, and needed a run round the block to get it all to work correctly
the old and offending article

I can report with another 1000 miles on the clock ride quality is now 99%, front tyres will need replacing soon, so that and another wheel balance when these are fitted will ensure that perfect 350 ride quality these cars are renowned for
Back home and looking "the muts"


