Page 1 of 1

suspension air compressor

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:43 pm
by sotheran57441
Hi, I have replaced the piston in my X350 air suspension compressor unit. There is a noisy rattle when it operates. I think I might have put the springs and rubbers back in the wrong order! Is there a diagram available to show the correct positions of the springs and rubbers that support the unit's frame? Or can someone describe the positions of the parts when re-fitted. Thank a lot. David

Re: suspension air compressor

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 pm
by J44EAG
The springs fit between the chassis mount and the floating mount plate.

A rattle is otherwise possibly down to a worn cylinder bore. If that is the case the "Bagpiping Andy" on eBay can supply a repro head unit.

Mike K

Re: suspension air compressor

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 pm
by sotheran57441
Thanks for that, Mike, I am sure that it is the unit that is not secure in the 'cradle'. I can move it up and down by hand with no resistance from the springs. I am pretty sure that I have not put the springs and rubbers etc. back where they should be!! David

Re: suspension air compressor

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:08 am
by ptjs1
David

I don't know if this helps, but have a look at the attached video. At 3mins 28sec it shows the assembly of the springs and washers.

Any good?

Paul

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgJMBz0fnE

Re: suspension air compressor

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:13 pm
by sotheran57441
Thanks for that, Paul, a bit of stop start motion and I think I have it!

Re: suspension air compressor

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:03 pm
by sotheran57441
I have fitted a piston kit but I am still having problems with my AS compressor. It has ceased to work and I suspect an electrical fault. I need to drive it to a local repair shop but the suspension is low. Can I drive it - with care - any distance? Or is it possible to inflate the air suspension 'manually' and, if so, where are the connectors (if any) and what tools do I need.