Air suspension issues
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 pm
Dear members,
I have had a fault with the ride height of the car for some time and my mechanic showed me a work around whereby when you hear the compressor cut out, you switch off, start again and it cuts back in raising the car to the correct height.
I have been doing this for some time now, but this morning, probably exacerbated by the recent cold weather, the car is not rising to the correct height. It is driveable, just, but you can see it's too low and not good over bumps.
Having done some research it looks like probably being the compressor, which may well be the original and the car has now covered 205k miles.
Can anyone advise whether they think this might fix it, or could there be other issues as well? Is there a way of analysing this? The suspension height warning light has been on the dashboard ever since I bought the car. Would a diagnostic test show up all potential faults with the air suspension?
Thanks very much,
Tim.
I have had a fault with the ride height of the car for some time and my mechanic showed me a work around whereby when you hear the compressor cut out, you switch off, start again and it cuts back in raising the car to the correct height.
I have been doing this for some time now, but this morning, probably exacerbated by the recent cold weather, the car is not rising to the correct height. It is driveable, just, but you can see it's too low and not good over bumps.
Having done some research it looks like probably being the compressor, which may well be the original and the car has now covered 205k miles.
Can anyone advise whether they think this might fix it, or could there be other issues as well? Is there a way of analysing this? The suspension height warning light has been on the dashboard ever since I bought the car. Would a diagnostic test show up all potential faults with the air suspension?
Thanks very much,
Tim.