horror inspection find
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm
hi all. so laid off work this week and thought i'd have a good go at cleaning the wheels on my 350. first of all does anyone else seem to have the same problems of jacking the car up as I do. previous owners have damaged the lifting point so I made an adapter for the jack once in the air where is the best place for the axle stand (front) I did position it what seems to be front sub frame as this looked a good supporting structure. a verification would be nice if anyone has a diagram.
prior to lifting i wanted to undo the wheel nuts. no chance as the tyre fitter who fitted the new tyres two weeks ago damaged most of my wheel nuts using a air gun I had to use a Dremel metal cutting disc and chisel the outer casing off it took hours before I could start.
so with rear passenger side wheel off I was totally puzzled looking at the air suspension damper with what looks like expanding foam rubber and cable ties. the thing is the car drives ok (confused).
next with the front passenger wheel off and the car lifted having a look around revealed more insulation tape and cable ties around what I think is a suspension sensor. any ideas of how dangerous if any and a possible course of action would be appreciated.
mike
prior to lifting i wanted to undo the wheel nuts. no chance as the tyre fitter who fitted the new tyres two weeks ago damaged most of my wheel nuts using a air gun I had to use a Dremel metal cutting disc and chisel the outer casing off it took hours before I could start.
so with rear passenger side wheel off I was totally puzzled looking at the air suspension damper with what looks like expanding foam rubber and cable ties. the thing is the car drives ok (confused).
next with the front passenger wheel off and the car lifted having a look around revealed more insulation tape and cable ties around what I think is a suspension sensor. any ideas of how dangerous if any and a possible course of action would be appreciated.
mike