I am about to replace the ASM (behind the rear seat apparently).
Reason is to cure a Air Suspension Fault message on the speedo.
Using my iCarSoft 930 I am getting the message B1471 Headlamp - open circuit/short to ground. I suspect that this is being caused by having fitted replacement headlamp units. The original UK units had the self-leveling feature and the replacement Euro units do not. UK car imported to Germany.
If I replace the ASM for a unit from a Euro spec car will I need to, for instance, to re-calibrate the suspension heights?
Are there any other new problems that I might expect?
Hoping to hear some interesting comments.
Air Suspension Module - replacement - SOLVED
Last edited by bouncer99 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
SwedishViking

- Posts:6
- Joined:Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:27 pm
Re: Air Suspension Module - replacement
Hi,
A new or 2nd hand unit will need to be (re-)programmed to the car. As the Configuration data is held in the ECU, a replacement unit will only have this data downloaded and will then behave as your existing unit. You need to change the configuration data in the existing unit to remove the error as it is detecting the missing sensors in the auto-leveling lamp units and reporting this as an open circuit fault.
Best regards Robert
A new or 2nd hand unit will need to be (re-)programmed to the car. As the Configuration data is held in the ECU, a replacement unit will only have this data downloaded and will then behave as your existing unit. You need to change the configuration data in the existing unit to remove the error as it is detecting the missing sensors in the auto-leveling lamp units and reporting this as an open circuit fault.
Best regards Robert
Re: Air Suspension Module - replacement
Great input Robert!
Paul
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests