Air Suspension Vent Solenoid - circuit failure- SOLVED

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

bouncer99
Posts:17
Joined:Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am
Air Suspension Vent Solenoid - circuit failure- SOLVED

Postby bouncer99 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:14 pm

I am getting the usual AIR SUSPENSION FAULT error message on my dash plus the Yellow warning lamp.
Originally this came on always after driving about 3 miles. So, new compressor was installed. The AIR SUSPENSION FAULT error message plus the yellow warning lamp are now coming on immediately I switch the ignition on.
I bought an iCar930 and have found an interesting error with it. B2810 - Air suspension vent solenoid-circuit failure. My suspicion is that the new compressor has solved the original problem and has some defect in the solenoid. Anybody got any ideas how to solve this?
Last edited by bouncer99 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Air Suspension Vent Solenoid - circuit failure

Postby J44EAG » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:09 pm

I have seen that code after re-building my pump. Oddly, I could not resolve it with the iCarsoft. So I locked up and walked away.

I then Googled the issue and noted a couple of cases where others had also had the fault. The suggestion was that leaving the car locked and stationary for twelve hours would help the car re-calibrate and the code could self cure. So that is what I did. Left the car to its own devices overnight for twelve hours. I`d add that the suspension had gone rock solid at the same time as I walked away.

Next day, I returned to the car, unlocked, started up, plugged the iCarsoft in and behold, no code showing and suspension back to normal.

That is all I know about the issue which self cleared and has proved to be issue free for the last three years. I know not why this occurred after the overhaul but was obviously pleased that the problem disappeared.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

bouncer99
Posts:17
Joined:Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Air Suspension Vent Solenoid - circuit failure

Postby bouncer99 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:43 am

This error message was being caused by one of the connectors not having been attached by my Albanian mechanic. The solenoid error disappeared but not the dreaded Air Suspension Fault.
This I eventually solved by re-installing my UK headlamp units. See my post about B1471 - Headlamp -open circuit/short to ground.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest