I`ll have a word with Nigel shortly and see what the current article bin still holds.
Most certainly Steve`s suspension conversion needs publication as soon as possible given that the 350 isn`t getting any younger and more cars will inevitably start to require suspension damper replacement.
Mike
X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
-
trampintransit
- Posts:15
- Joined:Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm
Re: X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
Really useful, thanks, and reassuring to know that the car still drives nicely ( why wouldn't it!) Still a pretty expensive solution given that coilovers for an X300 were about 300 quid a pair! It's a pain for me 'cos the car's an older slightly tatty car . so is it worth spending over a grand on suspension? In reality...no ..so what happens to my car...does it become scrap sooner rather than later? Still at least There's options.
I couldn't find the Arnotts coilover anywhere on Eurocarparts website ( where did you find it?..Arnotts couldn't find it listed either?) ) ...I called Arnotts Europe who said they can deliver the items to Eurocarparts for tomorrow....I called Eurocarparts and they really basically didn't give a s**t...really the bloke just said I'd have to email a parts request to head office!!! So. I'm still looking for a distributor!
I couldn't find the Arnotts coilover anywhere on Eurocarparts website ( where did you find it?..Arnotts couldn't find it listed either?) ) ...I called Arnotts Europe who said they can deliver the items to Eurocarparts for tomorrow....I called Eurocarparts and they really basically didn't give a s**t...really the bloke just said I'd have to email a parts request to head office!!! So. I'm still looking for a distributor!
-
trampintransit
- Posts:15
- Joined:Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm
Re: X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
Thoughts.....
... Replacing the compressor ring has turned off the intermittent
'air suspension fault' light .... But the intermittent DSC not available light is back..... Codes reveal nothing, no wheel speed sensor issues... Nothing.
It occured to me that a failure of one of the accelerometers supplying data to the CATS system would produce weird, inappropriate commands to the suspension....
Now, someone on the FB page reports that their DSC indication was cured by replacing the ABS unit AND A YAW UNIT! and that his car was much smoother afterwards.... 'like a new car'
I'm wondering... Is my bouncy 'underdamped' car a product not of airstruts having failed internal damping, but of them being miss-commanded by the CATS being in turn miss-informed by a faulty yaw unit which is producing the DSC fault?
... Replacing the compressor ring has turned off the intermittent
It occured to me that a failure of one of the accelerometers supplying data to the CATS system would produce weird, inappropriate commands to the suspension....
Now, someone on the FB page reports that their DSC indication was cured by replacing the ABS unit AND A YAW UNIT! and that his car was much smoother afterwards.... 'like a new car'
I'm wondering... Is my bouncy 'underdamped' car a product not of airstruts having failed internal damping, but of them being miss-commanded by the CATS being in turn miss-informed by a faulty yaw unit which is producing the DSC fault?
Re: X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
An unstable battery ie tired and old, is the usual suspect for the DSC light. This often occurs after a cold start and perhaps with more frequent appearance during cold, winter conditions.
Bad batteries can account for so much electric/electronic misery. Drop test the battery before you go shelling out on expensive parts. Correct diagnosis is all with these cars or you will end up spending a fortune on un-necessary parts. Use only premium grade batteries such as Varta or Bosch. Economy batteries do not work well on modern Jaguars. Their platform is not stable enough.
Mike
Bad batteries can account for so much electric/electronic misery. Drop test the battery before you go shelling out on expensive parts. Correct diagnosis is all with these cars or you will end up spending a fortune on un-necessary parts. Use only premium grade batteries such as Varta or Bosch. Economy batteries do not work well on modern Jaguars. Their platform is not stable enough.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
-
trampintransit
- Posts:15
- Joined:Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm
Re: X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
Battery is new, few months old, Lucas.
Re: X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
If you go on the Europarts website and click on the 'search' box, then put in 975638501, then press the little magnifying glass button to the right, you will see the Arnott suspension kit 'pop up'!
It will display (initially) 2 struts, but the 3rd picture will show the whole kit. It comes with full instructions.
I know this for 2 reasons:
1. That's their part number for the kit (from my old invoice).
2. I've just tried it!
Good luck with whatever route you decide to take.
It will display (initially) 2 struts, but the 3rd picture will show the whole kit. It comes with full instructions.
I know this for 2 reasons:
1. That's their part number for the kit (from my old invoice).
2. I've just tried it!
Good luck with whatever route you decide to take.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
-
trampintransit
- Posts:15
- Joined:Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm
Re: X350/8 Air suspension unit replacement option.
Incredibly I have literally this very minute come off the phone from Eurocarparts saying they have no idea who Arnotts is and they DO NOT supply these parts! Now I'm looking at the listing...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
