Page 1 of 1

Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:03 pm
by DavidEdwards
Hello,

The above pipe has rusted and split during an MOT test. My local garage can't find a replacement part for it and are even struggling to get pipe of the correct bore to fabricate a replacement. (I've checked JLR Classic and they don't carry this part.) Any information would be gratefully received. My X350 is a 2003 3 litre V6.

Thanks,
Dave Edwards.

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:14 pm
by ptjs1
Dave, of some sort

What is the part number? You mentioned it goes from the booster, so presumably it's a vacuum pipe of some sort?

Paul

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:24 pm
by DavidEdwards
Hi Paul,

It's a brake fluid pipe that goes to the modulator - this being the magic box which appropriately directs hydraulic pressures to the four wheels.

I've got a bit lost as regards the part number, but I think it might be C2C28015 or C2C28016.

Thanks for your time,
Dave.

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:35 pm
by ptjs1
Dave,

Yes I see. It's not a pipe from the booster. It's the twin hydraulic pipes from the master cylinder to the modulator. The correct number for your RHD car is C2C28016.

I suspect you'll need to either buy a used pair of pipes, or else fabricate yourself. There's a few complex bends but nothing a garage couldn't do for you simply, with your old pipes as patterns, if you don't have a flarer or a bender. You could use the fittings from your old pipe.

Good luck

Paul

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:41 pm
by andypryce
Try autoreserve or Eurojag, you might get lucky.

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:28 pm
by PaulGover
I wonder if a hose maker like Pirtek could make a copy. AFAIK it's a standard large bore brake hose and flare, possibly for (metric) commercial vehicles such as lorries. I think that's 1/4"=6.4 mm bore The other brake lines are standard 3/16"= 4.8 mm.
See here.

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:55 am
by DavidEdwards
Many thanks for all your replies. In the end I did find a local pipe fabricator who used the original fittings on quarter inch pipe and my x350 finally has a clean MOT!

Re: Pipe between booster and modulator

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:02 pm
by Andy P
Thanks for the update Dave.
Good to know you got it fixed and back on the road.
Take care.
Andy :D