CD 6 disc Multi Player
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:04 pm
Hi guys
Can anyone help with cleaning the 6 disc multi cd player found in the boot, without stripping it to pieces.
I have owned a 2008 X350 4.2 sovereign from new, and had to replace the whole 6 disc player with a new Jaguar one 4 years ago as it packed up.
Now I have cd error (no disc) sometimes, then taking magazine out and moving the same discs into different positions in the magazine, it will then work.
The next time its playing perfectly then touching the screen to change to another disc the result varies from jamming again (no disc)
or telling me only 3 discs loaded when the magazine actually has 6 discs loaded.
I have tried using another magazine loaded with different discs, but still have the same problem.
Some days driving along its working perfectly.
I suspect the laser lens may be dirty.
Does anyone know if a cd cleaning disc would be a good idea to clean the lens? Because they have a small brush built into the cleaning disc I am thinking it may get jammed in the machine.
Has anyone tried this approach.
Any advice is welcome please.
Regards
Ivan
Can anyone help with cleaning the 6 disc multi cd player found in the boot, without stripping it to pieces.
I have owned a 2008 X350 4.2 sovereign from new, and had to replace the whole 6 disc player with a new Jaguar one 4 years ago as it packed up.
Now I have cd error (no disc) sometimes, then taking magazine out and moving the same discs into different positions in the magazine, it will then work.
The next time its playing perfectly then touching the screen to change to another disc the result varies from jamming again (no disc)
or telling me only 3 discs loaded when the magazine actually has 6 discs loaded.
I have tried using another magazine loaded with different discs, but still have the same problem.
Some days driving along its working perfectly.
I suspect the laser lens may be dirty.
Does anyone know if a cd cleaning disc would be a good idea to clean the lens? Because they have a small brush built into the cleaning disc I am thinking it may get jammed in the machine.
Has anyone tried this approach.
Any advice is welcome please.
Regards
Ivan