Page 1 of 1
What type of headlights?
Posted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:31 am
by snaefell
I have a 2005 XJ8 plagued with the usual cloudy headlamp problem,having been cleaned twice they seem as bad as ever,I had considered changing them but put off by the prices seen on ebay,I now see a complete set for a remarkably low price,the seller says that they removed them when replacing them with Xenon units,is there an easy way to find out if my current headlights are Xenon or not please guys?
Re: What type of headlights?
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:49 am
by mike020150
Try pulling the round cap off the back of a dipped beam lamp and looking inside. An HID lamp will have a square shaped end of a burner showing, not the usual rear of a halogen bulb. Mike.
Re: What type of headlights?
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:59 pm
by iRS
Easier said than done on a 350. To get to the bulb you need to remove the bumper.
Try lookiing verty closely at the lense. The bulb type is written on there. Its either near the top or bottim. I forget which.
Re: What type of headlights?
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:57 pm
by ptjs1
Roger,
You can access and change the bulbs on a 350 easily from the top. I did it many times on my car.
At least you can if they are halogen lights. Maybe it's different if they are HID units?
Paul
Re: What type of headlights?
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:56 pm
by snaefell
Thanks for the replies guys