Radio Code

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

Guymonde

Member
Posts:7
Joined:Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 pm
Radio Code

Postby Guymonde » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:11 pm

I had a new battery fitted to my 2005 XJR just now but have no record of the radio code. Independent websites seem to want the radio serial number and my local dealer doesn't answer the phone or reply to emails (Lookers W London)
I'm in no position to start dismantling to look for serial numbers. Any tips?

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Radio Code

Postby ptjs1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Guymonde,

This MIGHT work. It seems to work on X-types which fundamentally use the same dash module as the X350.

Enter any code 3 times so that the display shows "PLEASE WAIT"

Simultaneously press ">>" "PTY" & "A.MEM" Should only take 2 or 3 seconds and the radio turns on.

Let us know how you get on!

Good luck

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

Guymonde

Member
Posts:7
Joined:Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: Radio Code

Postby Guymonde » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:10 pm

Thanks Paul
I tried this and....
it didn't work :(
I'll try it a few more times because it seems such a neat idea and it really OUGHT to work.
Any more ideas anybody ?
Guy

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England

Re: Radio Code

Postby PaulGover » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:42 pm

Try a different dealer? They should have easy access to the Jaguar vehicle database that includes the radio code.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE

Guymonde

Member
Posts:7
Joined:Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: Radio Code

Postby Guymonde » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Good call, Paul.
I emailed Guy Salmon South West London late last night and had a response this morning including the code, and it works!
There's something wholesome and effective about people and businesses with Guy in the name, I venture :D
Guy

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Radio Code

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Glad you got it sorted Guy!

I have a really good relationship with my local Guy Salmon near me in Maidstone and they've always been really helpful also.

Cheers

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

david-c432

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Re: Radio Code

Postby david-c432 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 pm

I had a similar issue with a 2006 Sovereign when last month (Sept 2021) I replaced the original battery (it was losing its oomph) and inevitably lost the audio, sat nav and everything else that goes with it. I was plucking up courage to remove the centre console to find the serial number on the back of the radio unit so I could obtain the code, having viewed a very good video on You Tube. Then I spotted the suggestion of simultaneously pressing next track, mem and pty. Despite some saying it rarely worked, it did - much to my amazement and relief. (The engine was running at the time.)
I have not had an issue since - everything is back to where it was.
I do not know whether there is a risk attached to this but for me, at any rate, it was successful.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest