Postby BigCatXJS » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:09 pm
Many thanks for all the replies - appreciated!
I'll have a go at the weekend. It looks like attempts have been made to lube but whether that effort extended to cleaning-up the corrosion remains to be seen.
I've had the car since end of Jan and have made one business trip in it so far. Thereafter, lock-down kicked in so have only just recently started using. XJ-S and XJ40 not up to much either currently and CLK came out briefly earlier this week before the weather broke. Home schooling the boys whilst Sue and I have been working flat out has been, erm, challenging!
Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535